Roasted Veggie Salad
Servings 2 people
- Baby greens
- 1 Tablespoon light tasting oil (I use avocado)
- 1 medium sweet potato sliced in coins
- 1 medium beet
- 1 large Portobello mushroom sliced thickly
- ½ medium red onion sliced
- 1 Cup chickpeas
- 1.1 Teaspoons chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon
- 1 Teaspoon maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon red whine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoons of oil (or 3 tablespoons of water)
beet on foil, drizzle with a dap of oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and wrap up in foil. Place in over for about 40 minutes. (this step can be done in advance giving the beet time to fully cool down).
Set the oven to 425°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Place sliced mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and red onion on baking pan in a single layer. Drizzle with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Season sweet potato with chilli powder. Roast for about 20 minutes or until things everything is cooked and starting to caramelized around the edges.
Place chickpeas in a small frying pan, add the hot sauce, coconut aminos, and maple syrup and simmer till the sauce thickens a bit.
Drizzle greens with dressing and toss to distribute throughout. Assemble everything else on top of greens.